Monday, November 17, 2014

Only the Lord can Judge

Only The Lord knows  
 
In Jacob 5:31 we read, " And it came to pass that the Lord of the vineyard did taste of the fruit, every sort according to its number. And the Lord of the vineyard said: Behold, this long time have we nourished this tree, and I have laid up unto myself against the season much fruit."
 
As I read this scripture I was reminded that the Lord does not judge us on a curve as it says in the talk titled, " Judge Not and Judging ", by Dallin H. Oaks. In this talk he says, " The Lord’s way of final judgment will be to apply His perfect knowledge of the law a person has received and to judge on the basis of that person’s circumstances, motives, and actions throughout his or her entire life (see Luke 12:47–48; John 15:22; 2 Ne. 9:25)."
 
I am thankful that when the final judgement comes, that I will not be placed next to a person with different weaknesses and strengths than myself and receive my Father's opinion on my actions based on what someone else could do, but only based upon what He knows that I was or was not capable of doing because of my life circumstances and personal wiring.
 
I find it beautiful that we can see this principle even in this verse as the Lord judges the fruit according to it's sort and number, which to me is according to the circumstance, motives, and actions after which it was created.

No comments:

Post a Comment