Monday, November 17, 2014

He takes care of the little children

Heavenly Father Loves His Children
 
In Jacob 5:4-8 we read:
"And it came to pass that the master of the vineyard went forth, and he saw that his olive tree began to decay; and he said: I will prune it, and dig about it, and nourish it, that perhaps it may shoot forth young and tender branches, and it perish not.
And it came to pass that he pruned it, and digged about it, and nourished it according to his word.
And it came to pass that after many days it began to put forth somewhat a little, young and tender branches; but behold, the main top thereof began to perish.
 And it came to pass that the master of the vineyard saw it, and he said unto his servant: It grieveth me that I should lose this tree; wherefore, go and pluck the branches from a wild olive tree, and bring them hither and we will pluck off those main branches which are beginning to wither away, and we will cast them into the fire that they may be burned.
  And behold, saith the Lord of the vineyard, I take away many of these young and tender branches, and I will graft them whithersoever I will; and it mattereth not that if it so be that the root of this tree will perish, I may preserve the fruit thereof unto myself; wherefore, I will take these young and tender branches, and I will graft them whithersoever I will.
 
These verses reminded me of how merciful and loving that our Heavenly Father and His son are in working with us; providing us the tools that we need to be nourished and are given continual opportunities to change. The part that stuck out to me the most however, is that He was very concerned about the young and tender branches of the tree; and the fact that even when the roots in this senerio that I am comparing to the parents, may not have taught the gospel to their children; or may even be means to leading their children astray; He still was aware of the young and tender ones or children, to  the point that he takes away the children, or in other words provides a new root for them; through help of others, or healing that the atonement can bring.
 
So many times in the scriptures we can see our Father in Heaven's love for the children.
 
And when he had said these words, he wept, and the multitude bare record of it, and he took their little children, one by one , and blessed them , and prayed unto the Father for them .
 
Matthew 18
And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them,
And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receive me.
 
These are just two small examples, but in my life I have had many real examples of this through help with others where I may lack because of my weaknesses in helping my own children; and as well with the things that I experienced as a child myself.
Even in the hardest times of my life I have never doubted if I have a Heavenly Father or not, and this is because I have witnessed many miracles of him interceding and providing what my family or those close to me need in order to become more like Him. I will say witnessing this does not mean the blessing was always taken or used; but He has always provided.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment