Monday, November 3, 2014

Anxiety Foretold

In 2 Nephi 23:7 it says, " Therefore shall all hands be faint, and every man's heart shall melt."
This scripture from Isaiah is basically a prophesy of our day and the fact that so many will suffer melted hearts ( depression ) and hands being faint ( anxiety ).
This scripture is one that was on my mind daily a few years ago.
Through various humbling experiences that I had a few years ago, I suddenly experienced what this scripture describes. Even my hands were numb from the amount of anxiety that I had, and my heart was sad. Part of these physical symptoms came out when I finally had realized what I had done to myself and my family by making some choices that I had made and eventually led me to marry a person whom does not have membership in Christ's church and can not or will not desire to be married in the temple. Through turning to the Lord and going to the temple myself I was able to rid myself of anxiety and depression that came about, but I will never forget how real those physical symptoms were.
I fear for people having to experience what I experienced when I saw very clearly all of my bad choices and how they made my Father in Heaven feel.
As I read this scripture from Isaiah I know that these feelings that I had are going to happen to so many people when they come to a more clear knowledge of what kind of consequences that their life choices have brought them and the way that it has offended their own Father whom is in Heaven.
Given that we are in the days when Isaiah's scriptures are being fulfilled- we should not be surprised about the recent statistics taken about anxiety and depression being so high.
There are many scriptures that talk about physical symptoms like these that Isaiah wrote about men having when they are not living in accordance to God's laws, or because of hereditary disease.
Isaiah 13:7
Ezekiel 7:17
Jeremiah 50:43
Exodus 15:15
I am very thankful for the blessings of the temple and my Father in Heaven whom blessed me with His son whom allows me mercy and grace in my problems and sins. I love Them more than anything or anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment