Saturday, March 28, 2015

By Their Fruits Ye Shall Know Them

 Ether 4:12 states, " And whatsoever thing persuadeth men to do good is of me; for good cometh to none save it be of me. I am the same that leadeth men to do all good; he that will not believe my words; will not believe me- that I am.... "

In the Oct. 2014 talk given by Neil F. Marriot, called " Let your Light Shine", her words echo that of this scripture that I love so much. In her talk she explains that as we truly are following Jesus Christ; what the results in our lives  will be. She says, " You carry a circle of influence with you wherever you go. it is felt by the people around you- from your family to the contacts in your cell phone and from your friends on social media, to those seated right next to you tonight. You are vibrant, enthusiastic beacons in an ever-darkening world as you show through the way that you live your lives, that the gospel is a joyful message." 

The words of our beloved prophet also mentioned in this talk also ring true to this statement, as he said, 
" If you want to give a light to others, you have to glow yourself. " Thomas S. Monson

There is hardly a more favorite principle of mine in this gospel; because I love Him so very much, I would like to bring others to Him and the great joy that He brings me. As I live my life happy and as I follow the spirit; it becomes evident to those that I associate outside of my faith that this gospel that I love is good. 

Although my husband may not believe the doctrines and history of my church; he can not deny that it is good; and that fact is the reason that he allows me to raise my children in it, despite his lack of respect or interest in it. 

I do hope that someday all of those that I associate with that are not of my faith will know why my faith makes me so happy, and how I am able to be a strength to others in their lives. I hope they will one day see that it never had anything to do with me personally; it only has to do with Him. It was never me; it was always Him; because He and His spirit are the ones persuading me to do good. 

The title to this very book, that this writing will be part of is called, " By Their Fruits Ye Shall Know Them." This book that I am writing is for my posterity. I hope that in the end of my life; as I watch them from above, that they will know whom He is; because my actions and behaviors will be so apparently linked to Him; because I am His. 

The Savior knew that there would be many that would profess to be of Him, and so He left this same message in the New Testament as well. As He was asked how to know if someone is a false prophet or how to know if they are of Him He says in Matthew 7:16-20 :

" Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of a thorn or figs of a thistle? Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree can not bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bringeth forth good fruit. Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down and cast into the fire. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them. " 


To my Posterity, 
As you this book will soon come to a close, I ask you to consider if these truths, principles and doctrines have persuaded you to do good? Or have they made your heart happy? Have they made you consider how you could live your life in a better way? If so, I would ask you to make it a goal to bring forth your own good fruit through His church- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and continue to leave the great joy that comes from the Book of Mormon within the very blood of your children through making and keeping temple covenants. 

I say this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen. 
                                                                                                                                Love, 
                                                                                                                                       Emily Turano 


No comments:

Post a Comment