Friday, February 27, 2015

Be A Light

 In the Sermon at the Temple, Jesus Christ teaches again the important doctrine of being His disciple. He says, 
" Verily, Verily, I say unto you, I give unto you to be the light of this people. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hid.
Behold, do men light a candle and put it under a bushel? Nay, but on a candlestick, and it giveth light to all that are in the house; Therefore let your light so shine before this people, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father who is in Heaven. ( 3 Nephi 12: 14-16 ) 

President Thomas S. Monson stated, " If you want to give a light to others, you have to glow yourself. " ( For I was Blind , but Now I See, Ensign, May 1999 )

We can learn how we can get light ourselves; in order that we may glow and lead the way to others. We learn this in the scriptures; " That which is of God is light; and he that receiveth light, and continueth in God, receiveth more light." ( D&C 50:24 )
 
In Oct.2014 , in the conference talk, " Sharing Your Light ", Neill F. Marriot states:

" We must continue in God. We must go to the source of light- in prayer to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and to the scriptures. We can also go to the temple, knowing that all things within it's walls point to Christ and His great atoning sacrifice." 

My hope and prayer is that I can be a source of light. The source that Elder M. Russell Ballard wrote about in the September 2014, Ensign as he stated:

" We need more of the distinctive , influential voices and faith of women. We need them to learn the doctrine and to understand what we believe so that they can bear their testimonies about the truth of all things." 

There is no part of me that would ever deny the truths that I know in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints; and I wouldn't just never deny it; I will try my best to share it with everyone with in the reach of my influence. 

I say this in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment