Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Prophesies

Prophets prophesies will always come true
Even Jeremiah prophesied that Jerusalem would be destroyed ( Jer.26:9 )
Another prophet named Uriah prophesied a similar prophesy ( Jer. 26:20 )
Lehi foretold as well that the destruction of Jerusalem was coming ( 1 Nephi 1:4 )
When I read of Nephi mentioning the destruction of Jerusalem in 1 Nephi 10:3, I pondered upon the great desperation that the Lord has in wanting to warn His people of dangers that will come. I became more interested in this than I ever had in the past,  and I researched to find that as Lehi left Jerusalem about 600 BCE, it was about at this exact time that Babylonian Captivity took place. Pondering these things has caused me to think more deeply about the warnings that our modern prophets have warned us of, and as well has reminded me once again how important my Patriarchal Blessing is, at it also warns and foretells something I need to remember for my future. I am thankful that I am finally  listening to one suggestion in my blessing, as it tells me that I should receive all of the education that I can.
Being Ashamed is a sign of not being truly converted
As I was reading this week in Lehi's vision, I was remembering years ago when I was re-active in the church, how I still tried to avoid conversations about my faith being that of LDS. In 1 Nephi 8:28 it explains how there are those that partook of the fruit and they were ashamed because of those making fun of them, and how this caused them to fall away into forbidden paths and they were lost. Now years later I find myself telling those I meet not of the LDS faith, that I am LDS almost right away. I know this is because I did not realize the blessing that the gospel was in my life before, and now that I am fully converted I do realize the blessing and I want so much to share in the joy that it brings.
Our foundation must be in Christ
In 1 Nephi 11:35-36 it talks about the great and spacious building and how it fell and the fall was exceedingly great. This reminded me about the reasons that I have fallen in my life, and brought me to think about how my foundation was not strong and little by little I began making wrong choices. In Helaman 5:12 it says that we must build our foundation on the rock of Christ, this way when the devil sends forth his mighty winds or temptations he will have no power to drag us down. The reason why those in the great and spacious building were not able to last tall and high in their building was because the foundation was that of pride and evil doings. I think of  myself and how everything that I think and feel revolves around my Savior now, and I know that I will not fall as long as I continue making Him my foundation.

No comments:

Post a Comment