Saturday, April 4, 2015

We Are His Hands

In Moroni 7 it states:
 29 And because he hath done this, my beloved brethren, have miracles ceased? Behold I say unto you, Nay; neither have angels ceased to minister unto the children of men.
 30 For behold, they are subject unto him, to minister according to the word of his command, showing themselves unto them of strong faith and a firm mind in every form of godliness. 
31 And the office of their ministry is to call men unto repentance, and to fulfill and to do the work of the covenants of the Father, which he hath made unto the children of men, to prepare the way among the children of men, by declaring the word of Christ unto the chosen vessels of the Lord, that they may bear testimony of him.

From this we learn that there are " chosen vessels of the Lord " that become like angels in themselves for us on the earth; to bare testimony of Him and help strengthen all of our faith. I love a talk by Dieter F. Utchtdorf called, " You are my hands ", in it he says, 

" A story is told that during the bombing of a city in World War II, a large stature of Jesus Christ was severely damaged. When the townspeople found the statue among the rubble, they mourned because it had been a beloved symbol of their faith and of God's presence in their lives. Experts were able to repair most of the statue, but it's hands had been damaged so severely that they could not be restored. Some suggested that they hire a sculptor to make new hands, but others wanted to leave it as it was- A permanent reminder of the tragedy of war. Ultimately, the statue remained without hands. however the people of the city added on the base of the statue of Jesus Christ a sign with these words: " You are my hands ". 

" As we emulate His perfect example our hands can become His hands; our eyes His eyes : our heart His heart." 

I have felt angels in my life not only when I go to the temple and leave, having angels given charge over me, but also through people in my life. Even when I am alone; I know that I have angels with me. I hope that I can be an angel to others and there is nothing I would like more than to be a chosen vessel of His to be able to bare my testimony, in order to strengthen the faith of others. 

I say this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment