Saturday, December 13, 2014

The Outcome is Peace for those whom follow Him

My daughter loves to watch the movies about Moses and Joseph of the coat of many colors.
As she watches these movies almost weekly; she never ceases to remind me how sad even the people of God must have felt watching their people suffer; or even watching the sinners suffer when they were punished. This conversation in my home always leads to a private conversation my husband likes to have with me about how religion causes wars.
 
As I read this week about Alma and Amulek watching the innocent women and children be burned in the fire in Ammonihah ( Alma 14: 8 ) , I was reminded of what my Savior taught when he was on the earth about His work.He said in Luke 12: 51-53:
51 Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:
52 For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three.
53 The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

Although the gospel does bring incomparable peace to those who live the gospel; there will always be those who oppose it; and they may not wish to be peaceful about their tolerance towards the truth and others living it.
 
I am thankful for these stories that we have recorded in the scriptures because they help remind us that there will always be opposition and they always remind us of the happy outcome for those who endure to the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment