Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Cutting Deep

In D&C 6:2 it reads, " Behold, I am God; give heed unto my work, which is quick and powerful, sharper than a two-edged sword, to the dividing asunder both joints and marrow; therefore give heed unto my words. 

As I read this scripture I was given the thought as to the way the Lord's words are more powerful than a two-edged sword. 

As I consider the Lord's words in the scriptures, I see how they can cut deep into our whole bodies including the deepest parts of us. They can be means to help change us as we follow their counsel. The strengthen us and give us support.

I can also the the way the Lord's words can also cut deeply to the core of our souls as His words in the scriptures will stand as a witness against us. We will be judged from His words in the scriptures. His words can also cut us off from the spirit and His presence - when we do not follow after their instructions. 

                                               Don't Just learn from God's 
                                         word, but believe that it will change 
                                                   Your Life - Joyce Meyer

I am so thankful that I have God's words in the scriptures. I have truly felt His words sink into my entire being and give new meaning to every thought and action that I have. It is as if the gift He has given me is to have a built in filtration system wherein all things that I hear, and see, are first filtered through what I have learned in the scriptures, which only allows the real truth to be processed into my mind and heart. His blessings given to me are my most treasured gifts. I love Him so very much. 

I say this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment