Monday, January 18, 2016

New Testament - Would be Men Most Miserable - John The Baptist's Example

This week as I pondered the things that I read and learned in the scriptures, the thing that stuck out in my mind the very most was the sacrifice that John the Baptist made in order to prepare the way for Jesus Christ. I realize that he must have felt very happy to see the day come that he had been preparing individuals for - Jesus Christ's ministry - but I can't imagine how hard that would have been to put in jail and end by being killed. I consider how much John the Baptist must have desired to see the outcome of his work, rather than being in jail. 

This taught me to recognize that sometimes we will never see with our own eyes the efforts of our own work for the Savior, but that we must continue in faith and know that our work is being used for good for the Lord, even if we can not see it at that moment. This also taught me that we must remember that this life is a short time in comparison to eternity. I can imagine John was sad and hurt to know that he was in jail and going to die, but I am certain he held onto his knowledge that having faith in this life only, would make him a man most miserable.
 ( 1 Corinthians 15:19 ) 

My life is changing because of the witness that I have of the past prophets and the way that they sacrificed for the gospel of Jesus Christ, and the way that their sacrifices directly affect me. I hope that I can follow their example and give all that I have to the building of God's Kingdom on the earth. 

I say this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment