Wednesday, January 20, 2016

New Testament - Giving without Expectation


Luke 6:33 Principle of loving and giving without expectations

This scripture explains that if we only love those who love us we are only as good as a sinner, because they do the same.

I take care of ill individuals in my employment as a Nurse’s Assistant. One day as I was coming home from work I pondered upon the satisfaction that comes from caring for ill patients. I considered the similarity of taking care of my own children and husband in my home. I wondered why I was able to deal with angry patients with such kindness at times, but that it often seems harder to do this in my own home? My mind was brought to this scripture. I was taught by the Spirit that the reason why I am so happy in my job in the hospital is because I am practicing the principle of giving love and care without anything in return; yet at home I feel that I deserve to be treated a certain way because of the care that I give. I learned that the attitude in my home ; the care and love that I give has been rooted outside of the principles of the gospel. I realized if I followed this principle of giving with out expecting anything in return not only in my employment of caring for sick patients, but in my home – I would be happier as a mother to my children and wife to my husband.
·         New Testament

33And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same. 

No comments:

Post a Comment