Saturday, August 6, 2016

Covenant Making in the Old Testament


Genesis 17

It is more than interesting, but a solid witness that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is God's church as we read in this chapter about the Lord asking Abraham to make a covenant with Him. 

Today, we have the same pattern before us in temples. 

I find it unusual that some may believe that a covenant between God and man could be remembered in clothing, as this covenants token or reminder that Abraham was given was actually more extreme than wearing clothing as a reminder. 

4 As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations

10 This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised.

God gives us tokens in covenant making as reminders to the blessings that we will receive if we can keep our covenants. 

In a way our Father in Heaven and His Son Jesus Christ are merciful as they know we need constant reminders. 

I feel thankful that today I am also given reminders to my covenants , which also serves as a protection. 

I see the fulness of the gospel in every page of each cannon of scripture that I read. 

I hope that I can live up to the privlidge that I have been given to be a member of His restored church. 

I say this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment