Wednesday, March 9, 2016

In Your Patience You Possess Your Souls

As I was reading in Luke 21 while considering how it would have felt to be one of the apostles whom the Lord was prophesying ; " they would be hated for his name's sake" and some be " put to death " because of following Him -

I  felt the depth of truth in His last message. He said,

 " IN YOUR PATIENCE POSSESS YE YOUR SOULS." ( Luke 21:19 ) 

I paused in awe at this message. I thought to myself - if we are to follow Jesus Christ and do as He did ( John 14:12 ) ;
 
Then how much more patience should I give to those that I know; which are not hating me or wanting to kill me ; but that I struggle to understand at times? Perhaps I feel frustrated or offended at them when I really should do as the Lord instructs His apostles - have patience.....

I felt the depth of the message " in our patience we possess our souls". I understood that sometimes it is the persecutions, lack of respect, or mistreatment by others that actually help me to learn to become more like Him, and do the works that I saw Him do. ( John 14:12 ) 

As I learn to respond in love, and not only respond in love, but to feel love - even in a moment that has caused me pain - this is a large part of getting to know Him. ( Matt.25:12 ) 

I see how this patience will end up saving my soul through Him and His example.

I hope and pray that I can learn the patience that I need to learn. I do desire with all my heart to do better at finding love even in a moment that I feel a need to speak out in defense, or correction. 

I am so very thankful for my Savior whom gives me this example and instruction. I love Him and want to live with Him and serve Him in His kingdom. 

I say this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment