Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Do it Unto Them - You Do it Unto Him

As I was reading in Matt.26 this week I felt the love that the woman with an alabaster box full of ointment showed unto Jesus.

   As I read that some of Jesus’ disciples were upset at her actions and telling her that she could have sold the box of ointment and given food to the poor with that money – I paused and wondered if I too might have said that same thing - thinking that is what Jesus would have ultimately wanted?

As I pondered this event - I realized what Jesus was trying to teach His disciples in approving of this action was not so much the importance to Him that He was anointed before His burial, but rather the fact that this woman was hearing the message of the impending events with attentive eagerness to do all that she could to show love unto Jesus Christ during His most needful time of comfort. She was really hearing what He was saying and taking it deep into her heart with a desire to show love.

With our recognition and celebration of these events is coming up (Easter) this has caused me to consider if I am truly attentive, eager and trying to do all that I can to show my Savior Jesus Christ that I am thankful for the Atonement and Gift of Resurrection that He has given to us all?

I have considered if I am following after my own wills? Or if I am following the example of my Savior and saying, “Not my will Lord, but thy Will be done.” (Matt.26:39)

And lastly, I have considered my actions even this day – were my actions a good gift to Him - as this woman with her alabaster box filled with ointment?  Or were my gifts wrapped with selfishness, materialism, and only the scraps left of me inside the box to give?

I consider these words from my Beloved Savior, whom I want to serve better through my actions towards others as He explains:

Matt.25:40
Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

I say this in Jesus Christ’s Holy Name, Amen.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment