Monday, February 15, 2016

Glory to God The Eternal Father

Principle 1 –

We should give God the Father the Glory

As I read in John 8, I saw over and over the principle that Jesus taught about giving God the Father the glory. Jesus credits God many times in this chapter and He also teaches us that this is what we should do in order to follow Him. I appreciate these witnesses in regards to the manner that we should worship because I have been told that I should pray to Jesus specifically, or that I am not giving Jesus credit because I believe in God the Father as a separate individual. As I read these verses I am thankful to know that I am following Jesus Christ’s example as I pray the way that Jesus did to “ Heavenly Father “ ,( Luke 11: 1 ), and as I do this I am following Jesus's example, and instructions. 

John 8: Jesus states all these things 

26 – He that sent me is true,
I speak to the things I heard Him say
28 – I do nothing of myself but that the Father taught me
29- I do always the things that please Him
42 – Neither I came of myself but He that sent me
49- I honor my Father
50- I seek not mine own glory

Furthermore, a witness as to how we should worship is given the explanation from Jesus. Verse 39-41 explains that a person does the same kind of actions as the one that they follow. So likewise, as we follow Jesus Christ, we will do what He does- which is give God the Father our prayers and thanks that He sent His Son – Jesus Christ – as our Savior and the only means by which we can come back to Him.

John 8 :
 39 They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham’s children, ye would do the works of Abraham.
 40 But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.
 41 Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, we be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.
 42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

I  know that as I seek to follow the manner of behavior and actions of that of my Beloved Savior, I will be most pleasing to My Father in Heaven ( vs. 29 ) , and because I will be doing Christ’s same works I will be His disciple ( vs. 31 ) and essentially His adopted child as well.

I say this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment