Thursday, June 15, 2017

Glory to God

I love the example which we receive from Joseph whom was sold into Egypt about giving God the glory. 

When Joseph was in jail on false accusations and he told his prison mates that he could interpret dreams, he fronted this information by first letting them know that it was a gift from God. 

When Jospeh was brought to Pharaoh, he told him the same thing. 

Genesis 41
15 And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, I have dreamed a dream, and there is none that can interpret it: and I have heard say of thee, that thou canst understand a dream to interpret it.
16 And Joseph answered Pharaoh, saying, It is not in me: God shall give Pharaoh an answer of peace.

We live in a world and society where people are afraid to mention God at all, as if it might bring offense to someone and even further we sometimes tip toe around our faith if we think that it might shut people down to us. 

I know for myself I am often guilty of not thanking God enough for the blessings that He does give me and I dwell too much on what I am lacking; yet He has given me so many gifts and allowed me to be in important positions to be an influence for good. 

I hope that I can give my Father the glory as everything good no matter what it is, comes from Him. 


Moroni 7 

13 But behold, that which is of God inviteth and enticeth to do good continually; wherefore, every thing which inviteth and enticeth to do good, and to love God, and to serve him, is inspired of God.

I know that as we give credit to Our Father in Heaven for the blessings and gifts that He gives us, we may not see the effect of our actions in this life, but we will be able to look at Him when we meet Him and feel happy that we blessed and gave Him all glory. 

I say this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen. 



No comments:

Post a Comment